- Volunteer for the 61st Annual Golf Tournament! (Wednesday, July 28, 2021)
- 61st Annual Golf Tournament (Wednesday, July 28, 2021)
- Virtual America In the Schools Workshop - Session Two (Tuesday, June 29, 2021)
- Back in Business: Travel to the U.S. (Wednesday, June 23, 2021)
- June 2021 Board Meeting (Tuesday, June 22, 2021)
- Virtual America In the Schools Workshop - Session One (Tuesday, June 15, 2021)
- Member's Day 2021 (Monday, June 14, 2021)
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
Black Lives Matter
The Japan-America Society of the State of Washington is committed to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion for all people and groups regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or country of origin. As part of our mission to deepen friendship and understanding between the people of Washington State and Japan, we strive to open hearts and minds to the intrinsic value of every individual. Through our programs we help overcome bigotry, hatred, and violence through education, social events, partnering with other organizations, engaging in advocacy, and reporting surrounding bias. As an organization, we will continue to champion inclusivity, diversity, and social equity. Join us as we provide a safe, understanding and supportive environment for LGBTQ and all community members.
Go to our #StopAsianHate page for links and resources.
Black Lives Matter Education ResourcesKing5 News recently had a show on "Facing Race" that had good information and discusion with experts on how to talk about race. https://www.king5.com/facing-race.