OPEN POSITION — Communications and Social Media Coordinator
October 11, 2021
The Japan-America Society of the State of Washington will be celebrating its 100th anniversary in July, 2023. In preparation for a centennial year of celebration, we are hiring a communications professional for a full-time position to enhance our Society’s communications (website, electronic newsletters, social media), and coordinate our centennial communications and social media presence to bring us into the next century.
- Manage the day-to-day Society communications of website content, electronic newsletters, and social media, coordinating with other staff members.
- Develop media presentations for use at events and meetings, and on the website.
- Create and post relevant social media content about JASSW activities and Japan-related community activities.
- Create unique historical content about the Society’s 100 years of history, by interviewing JASSW board members, former JASSW leaders, JASSW members, and other community figures to capture oral or video history and create relevant media content.
- Catalog and digitize historic media collections
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience with proofreading and editing in English
- Highly proficient computer skills using PC operating systems; familiarity with Microsoft Office, Teams, and Zoom applications, and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Linked-In)
- Able to work efficiently and professionally with little supervision in professional settings
- Exceptional accuracy, efficiency, and follow-through with all tasks and projects
- Passion for U.S.-Japan relations
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car
- Proficient in Japanese reading, writing, and speaking
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Able to work well with a diverse range of people
- Experience with scanners, digital video equipment, audio systems, and streaming services
- Experience working with any or all of the following: Wild Apricot, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, fundraising software
- Salary dependent on experience.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Dale Watanabe, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 29, 2021.