OPEN POSITION —Small Business Resiliency Network Coordinator
November 1, 2021
The Japan-America Society of the State of Washington is a member of the Washington State Department of Commerce’s Small Business Resiliency Network. Our contribution has been to conduct outreach and communication to the Japanese and Japanese American small business community about the state and federal pandemic relief programs. We are expanding our involvement to provide technical assistance by adding staff to aid our community and expand our program offerings. These include providing essential business training and coaching to small/micro businesses owned by Japanese immigrants and Japanese Americans to empower and prepare them for success.
- Manage the day-to-day Society communications of website content, electronic newsletters, and social media on small business topics, coordinating with other staff members.
- Attend regular updates from state and federal technical assistance training.
- Create and post relevant social media content about small business aid program to Japan-related community.
- Outreach and recruit business consultants to participate in this program.
- Assist the selected business consultants to develop media presentations for use at the small business training seminars and on the website and oversee to ensure that the timely completion of the presentations by the business consultants.
- Outreach to small and micro business owners and managers to increase awareness of the business training program, as well as government programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in in Japanese
- Experience with proofreading and editing in Japanese
- Highly proficient computer skills using PC operating systems; familiarity with Microsoft Office, Teams, and Zoom applications, and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Linked-In)
- Able to work efficiently and professionally with little supervision in professional settings
- Exceptional accuracy, efficiency, and follow-through with all tasks and projects
- Passion for U.S.-Japan relations
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Able to work well with a diverse range of people
- Experience working with any or all of the following: Wild Apricot, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite
- Salary dependent on experience.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Dale Watanabe, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 19, 2021.