We are excited to announce the speakers for our first ever Virtual Speaker series: CARES ACT!
We hope you will join us on May 22nd at 1:00 PM to learn more about CARES Act related tax and finance issues and get your questions answered by the experts at BDO USA LLP. They will cover topic such related to:
- PPP Loan and Forgiveness
- Title IV Main St. Loan Program
- Employee Retention Credit and other Payroll Tax Relief
Laura Morris – Managing Director in Specialty Tax Services Practice
- Laura is a Managing Director in BDO’s Specialty Tax Services Practice for the West Region.
- She is base din San Francisco and serves clients throughout the West region.
- Her main focus is assisting companies in a variety of industries with federal and state business incentives, in particular the R&D Tax Credit, but is also helping lead efforts specific to payroll tax relief coming out of COVID aid packages.
Paul Peterson – Partner in Forensic Investigation and Litigation Services
- Paul Peterson is a Partner in BDO’s Forensic Investigation and litigation Services group.
- Paul is based in Washington D.C.
- Paul focuses on fraud investigations, global anti-corruption, litigation support and consulting services around forensic accounting and anti-fraud programs and controls.
- Regarding Title IV, Paul has been helping companies navigate the Main Street Loan requirements and working with clients on the loan application process.
Megan Condon – Partner in Core Tax Services
- Megan Condon is a Partner in BDO’s Core Tax Services.
- She is based in Seattle and specializes in auto dealerships.
- Megan focuses on helping dealers with cash controls, cost segregation, financial statement analysis, internal controls, business and occupation (B&O) sales tax consulting, and tax planning.
Bob Filip – Partner in Core Tax Services
- Bob Filip is the Tax Office Managing Partner for BDO’s Seattle office.
- Bob is experience with federal, state and international tax, as well as mergers and acquisition (M&A) and ASC 740 issues, and provides both practical and technical assistance in these areas.
Senior Manager – Valuation & Business Analytics
- Kay Packard is a Senior Manager in BDO’s Valuations and Business Analytics group and is based in Seattle.
- Kay specializes in business valuations for financial reporting and tax reporting purposes as well as corporate planning and transaction purposes.
- Kay is also an adjunct faculty at Seattle University and teaches a valuation course for the Master of Professional Accounting program at Seattle University.
- She is originally from Yokohama, Japan and is fluent in Japanese.