Saturday, September 17, 2016
10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Nisei Veterans Memorial Hall
We have partnered with the Nisei Veterans Committee (NVC), Sasakawa USA, Japan US Military Program (JUMP) and the Consulate General of Japan in Seattle in order to celebrate the strong partnership we share with Japan and to honor Nisei Veterans! Active and Veteran service members are encouraged to join this event, especially those who have served in Japan and wish to connect with our community! Representatives from the Japan Ground Self Defense Force (JGSDF) and Joint Base Lewis McChord (JBLM) will be joining us as we tour the NVC Memorial Hall, enjoy Japanese cuisine, watch an Okinawa Taiko presentation by OKK Taiko, and listen to presentations from our special guests. For more information, view the flyer here!
The event is free and open to the public, but pre-registration is required. For any active or veteran military personnel, this is a great chance to meet others in the community and enjoy a wonderful Saturday lunch full of entertainment! Register here!
Speakers and Participants:
• Admiral Dennis C. Blair, USN (ret.), chairman and CEO, Sasakawa USA
• Major General Thomas James Jr., 7th Infantry Division
• Lieutenant General Takashi Motomatsu, JGSDF 8th Division
• Consul General Masahiro Omura, Consulate-General of Japan in Seattle
• Mr. Peter Kelly, President, National Association of Japan America Societies
• Lieutenant Colonel James Kendall, USMC (ret.), Director of the JUMP Program and a Fellow at Sasakawa Peace Foundation USA